I feel a rant bubbling under the surface, but I don’t currently have time or energy to give it the wrath it deserves, so I’ll desist for the moment.
If you read PR blogs, you’ll know that there’s another (yes another) little firestorm brewing on the subject of "the death of Public Relations" – well I say public relations but given many of the "knowledgeable" muppets writing these death posts don’t really have a grasp of what "Public Relations" is, what we’re really talking about is media relations.
While I go and implement my proven deep breathing heart attack avoidance exercises, I’m providing a list of some of the content (both pro- and anti- ).
- PR-Less Pitches – Peter Himler
- PR-Less launch kicks off a stack overflow of praise – Robert Scoble
- Why hire a PR firm – Todd Defren
- Does good tech need PR? – Marshall Kirkpatrick
- The PR roadblock on the road to blissful blogging – Michael Arrington
- PR is not dead – Brian Solis
- Can I get a big cup of STFU please – Jeremy Pepper
- Jeremy Pepper makes sense – Frank X. Shaw [Supplemental: Communications Evolution, again]
- Does the thrill of the chase make PR obsolete – Steve Rubel
- How Digital PR is changing – Drew B
- The changing role of Public Relations – Mark Hopkins
- PR is dead (again) – Morgan McLintic
Bonus links (not death related)