- Poor ‘ole Ketchum has been l’enfant terrible in the world of PR blogs for at least the last six months. Some of the criticism has been warranted but some of the recent blog-related bashing has been a little over the top for my liking. After all, how many top tier PR firms have blogs? Not very many in my estimation. So fair play to Adam Brown [blog], director at eKethcum who has responded to some of the more recent criticism over at Constantin Basturea‘s blog.
After all, if we’re all agreed that this is about conversation and dialogue then Adam deserves our attention regardless of your views.
- Fridrik Wacka has created a free primer on corporate blogging which will be useful to anyone looking at getting a blog initiative underway. Fredrik also reports that there are now more than 3,500 blogs at IBM…
- PR Week‘s Erica Iacono looks at how firms are working with staff in creating blogs and providing relevant guidelines. (Thanks to Neville Hobson for the link and Niall Cook has more comments here.)
If you’re interested in some top level guidelines check this out.
- Fair play to Ian Skerrett, Director of Marketing with the Eclipse Foundation who has posted some forthcoming press releases and is soliciting feedback ahead of their distribution at the JavaOne show in San Francisco. Now that’s something really different!
- Jeremy Pepper has an interview with PR pro, blogger and co-author of Naked Conversations, Shel Isreal.
- Scott Baradell of PR firm the Idea Grove, based in Richardson, Texas was in touch to let me know they have launched an online survey to “help” you evaluate your existing agency and a second printable matrix to help you select a new agency….
- According to AdWeek Miami-based PR firms John David PR and Julio Garcia Marketing and Public Relations have merged to create David & Garcia PR. The new firm covers the financial, real estate and healthcare sectors.
- The fact that the San Francisco 49′ers are now looking for a new PR director probably isn’t news to a lot of people…